If Your Mississauga Property Has Mould Damage, it Cannot Wait
Mould Damage Cleanup is Best Handled by Pros Like SERVPRO in Mississauga
Whether you have a substantial commercial property or a home in Mississauga, black mould infestation is probably a problem you didn’t see coming. You may occasionally see a spot or two of mould around your tubs and showers, but when you start to see colonies developing on walls and ceilings, this indicates a much larger issue. Mould remediation is daunting and challenging, making it something you should never attempt as a DIY project. To be on the safe side, having SERVPRO handle your mould remediation needs will get results and ensure everything is Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned.
Why look to skilled technicians to handle your mould damage in Mississauga? Because SERVPRO features IICRC-certified specialists and all the right equipment and methods to execute your project flawlessly. Not sure if you should call us to handle mould cleanup? You should call for a professional intervention if you notice any of the following:
- Strong, musty odours anywhere inside your building
- You can see visible patches of mould developing on your walls, ceilings, carpeting, underneath cabinets, and more
- You have noticed excessive humidity in your home or commercial property, or you recently had plumbing issues or a water-related emergency
What Makes Mould Remediation Such a Challenge?
Taking on mould cleanup as a DIY opens the door for spreading mould damage within your home. It is also important to note that most people do not realize that mould is everywhere, inside and outside, and is impossible to eradicate. Any company telling you they offer mould removal is false, as with some of the mould remover products you may find in stores.
Properties are loaded with organic materials, including cotton, paper, wood, carpeting, etc. Mould can thrive and multiply whenever there are catalysts like a rise in temperatures and excessive moisture. SERVPRO knows how to address all mould situations and will select the safest and most effective ways to provide you with the cleanup you deserve.
Some Facts About Mould That People May Not Realize
There are several reasons why mould remediation is so challenging. One is that mould is often challenging to find or not visible to the naked eye. This is especially accurate if you have a hidden plumbing leak behind walls or underneath cabinetry. Another is that mould spores are microscopic and airborne. The minute spores will latch onto clothing, pets, hair, and anything that comes into your property. In some instances, mould can come in via your windows or HVAC system ductwork. SERVPRO is there to handle mould properly, which means putting suitable measures in place to contain it as we work so that the spores do not dislodge and migrate into other areas of the home.
Why Trust SERVPRO Technicians for Quality Mould Restoration?
Our crew members have been through rigorous IICRC training and certification and hours of experience on mould remediation projects. We understand the characteristics of mould, how to clean it safely and efficiently, and keep it from coming right back. Our process usually includes the following:
- Assessment/inspection to locate the moisture source – this could be a plumbing issue that must get handled before the mould remediation begins.
- We look at all impacted areas to see how far the mould spread, what materials are salvageable, and whether there is no structural integrity issue. For example, porous items like carpeting and ceiling tiles usually require disposal.
- We carefully clean mould colonies from your property, including patches above ceiling panels, behind walls, and under cabinets or carpeting.
Call SERVPRO of North Mississauga when you require assistance with mould damage. You can reach us by calling (905) 238-7376.